Tuesday, May 3, 2011

America can now rest easy with Osama gone

All of America can take a deep sigh of relief now that Osama Bin Laden has been killed. On May 1, 2011, American troops made their way to the million-dollar compound where they believed he had been hiding. As the troops approached the building, two of Osama's best guards put up quite a fight.

Gun shots were fired for over an hour until finally the two guards were shot and killed. The Navy Seals all split up to search because of how large the building was. As they moved to the upper rooms they

Osama reached for a gun and shot at the soldiers, but it was too late, the soldiers had shot first and won the battle. Now it's known that five people died in the shooting including Osama's son.



When I heard this news, I was shocked and a little confused. I was only in second grade when 9/11 happened, and it was all very hard for a little kid to understand. I grew up the past couple years knowing the name "Osama Bin Laden" was bad and brought sadness to many people.

As I logged on to my computer on Sunday, the first news blog that popped up was about the shooting, and many followed afterwards. As I sat and read, I felt a sense of pride for America and the people who had lost loved ones in 9/11. Because of our amazing soldiers, we can all rest easy at night knowing the brains behind the September 11th terrorist attacks is now gone for good.






- Alaina

No comments:

Post a Comment