Monday, May 9, 2011

never too late for love :)



You know, I'm not one for believing much in love because i myself haven't had much luck in that category. I'm sure there are hundreds of other teens thinking the same thing I am: it's probably just too late for love. This may be the case for some, but not for Forrest Lunsway. Forrest and Rose Pollard have been dating for over 30 years now, and it never really crossed their mind to get married. They said it seems like they already were, just without the title. Finally, on Forrest's 100th birthday, the couple got married. Forrest and Rose met in high school on a blind date. They dated for a while, and he tried to propose in high school but Rose just simply said, "I'll marry you on your 100th birthday". This event has captured the eyes of many people worldwide; even President Obama sent them a wedding card and gift. Guinness also hopped on this bandwagon, and the couple are now in the next edition of the book for the oldest couple in the world to marry. I think this is absolutely awesome and inspiring. I've pretty much given up on love myself because I've gotten to the point where I don't think it even exists. The cutest thing in the whole world is old couples still in love, and it gives other people hope that maybe, just maybe, its not too late for love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment